3.27.2003

NEWS - Stupid News Update

Well, I've got good news, and bad news. Good news is, most of my new computer parts have already arrived. Props to NewEgg for their excellent speedy fast service. The bad news is I'm still missing two system critical parts, namely my motherboard and video card, thanks to the crappiest service I've ever received from an online vendor, at MStar. I placed my order on Friday. They charged my card for the order. I waited and waited for my parts to be shipped. Come Tuesday, my order still shows as "pending" on their site. Then Wednesday morning it changed to "Problem with order. Please call." How crummy is that? I never received an email, a call, nothing. I wouldn't have even known there was a problem with my order if I hadn't been checking the status directly on their website. So I called. Three times. I emailed them. I never got in touch with a live person. Then today they simply refunded my money without a word. What a bunch of crap. That's the last time I ever even visit their site. Sure they had some good deals, but I'll pay the extra couple bucks to order them at NewEgg instead, and actually get my parts, thank you very much. So if all goes well, I should have the missing parts in via NewEgg by Monday, and MStar can go rot in hell. Since as you can tell I'm still rather preoccupied with my new computer, I have once again neglected to compose something new and brilliant to post here. So you'll have to settle for a random collection of links to amusing news stories. First up, poking fun at the french. French toast and french fries are now officially freedom toast and freedom fries respectively, in my book. In another double feature news story, we get both UFO's and a dead cat. What could be better? Also, Georgians prove to be almost as stupid as Floridiots, but not quite.