2.04.2003

NEWS - Big Brother is watching

I tacked on a free stat tracker to this page yesterday afternoon, hence the addition of a new annoying banner ad at the bottom of the page. I took a look at the traffic reports this morning, and as I suspected, no one can actually find this page. Why does Blogger even ask you when creating a blog whether you want your blog to be public or private, when you can’t find them either way anyway? After I touch up the somewhat sloppy code in the default site template, I’ll add some meta tags and see what I can do about getting myself in some search engines. It’s about maximizing the return value of my blog. I won’t be satisfied until I know that I have wasted the time of enough visitors to equal at least 100 times the amount of time I’ve put into actually writing in it. I’m also going to be implementing a new naming structure to all my blog entries to give a brief overview of it’s contents in the title, to aid in the use of the search engine I’m also going to try to stick on the site today. I don’t really need one right now, but for someone who hates blogs I sure update mine a lot, so I can see it becoming very useful in the near future. This of course will likely result in yet another banner ad, but hey, what do you want for free service? At least there aren’t any pop-ups. Stupid pop-ups. I hate them almost as much as I hate cats.